Have you ever wondered why you need to register your Kindle? What is the purpose? Well, the real reason behind that is that it links your kindle to the Amazon Account. This allows you to transfer the material that you purchase for the Amazon Kindle. You will be able to lend e-books to all the registered Kindle users and can also receive them in return.
Another question arises, whether to register Kindle device? Well, if you do not have any access to the internet as well, you can easily register your device and take advantage of all the features.
You can register your kindle by following any of the two methods. The two methods are mentioned below.
Steps to Register Kindle without Serial Number
- You need to go to Amazon’s Kindle store for PC software. You need to download it from the download page in your computer’s web browser.
- Click the “download now” button and the program will start to download.
- Click the “RUN” in the pop-up window. This will automatically install and download kindle on your PC. It will be run as an application.
- You need to wait for some time before the software will begin to download.
- Now, start the program from your desktop screen. You can also start it from the all programs section in the windows start menu.
- After launching the program, you need to fill in the Amazon E-mail address and password in the login window on your PC screen.
- Afterward, click on the “Register” button in order to finally complete the registration process.
After you have successfully signed in, you are now registered and can easily use your Kindle on your PC or anywhere else.
If you are buying a Kindle from the Amazon store, it comes registered already with your Amazon account. If you are purchasing the kindle from other online stores or from physical stores, you need to register the kindle online with a serial number.
You think that registering your kindle online is not important, then you are making a big mistake. It is very vital as this will link your device with the Amazon account. This means that you’ll be able to get all the e-reading books and it will be transferred to your kindle.
This means that you’ll be able to read whatever you want to easily. It will also allow you to share, lend, and receive the reading stuff from and to other kindle users. They must also be registered so that you can share or lend the e-reading stuff.
Method to Register Kindle with Serial Number
- The first step that you need to follow is that you need to turn on your PC and ensure that it is connected to the internet.
- The second step is to open your browser and go to the amazon kindle store.
- Click on the top of the page where you see the horizontal main menu.
- Now tap on the “manage my kindle” option.
- You will see a new window open for new login/registration.
- After that enter your Amazon Email address.
- After entering the E-mail, enter your password to finally login to your Amazon account.
- Sign in using the secure server button
- Now click on the option “register new kindle”.
- A new window is going to open which will ask for the serial number. The Serial number is going to be 16 digits long. Enter this correctly to avoid any error.
- Click on the button which says “ Register a new Kindle” to successfully register your device.
By following this way, you will be able to register your kindle device with the help of your PC or laptop or with the serial number.