Well, have you ever thought to update your TomTom XL?
TomTom XL has to be updated at times. These updates are going to keep your device running. TomTom GPS updates arrive periodically. These software updates are very essential for the app.
It is recommended very much to get the latest GPS update for all the TomTom Devices. The XL devices come with preloaded software as well as maps on it. But the update is important as it installs the currently updated maps on your device.
On TomTom, the users can easily download the updates for free on their GPS Device.
Follow the Below Steps to Get TomTom XL Update
1. The TomTom Home Software
The TomTom Home software is a platform that allows you to get the update, whether that is free or paid. From this application, you’ll be able to update your software paid or free.
So having this software on your computer is a must in order to get latest TomTom XL Update for you device.
2. Here is How to Get TomTom XL update
- The first step is to open the TomTom Home on your laptop or PC (If You don’t have the software, you have to download and Install TomTom Home Software).
- Connect your TomTom XL with the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- The TomTom Home software is going to detect your device on its own.
- Then, you need to Log-in into your TomTom account with the right credentials.
- Create an account if you do not have one.
- The moment you are logged in the Device, the home software is going to enlist the updates available automatically.
- Click on the option which says “Update My device”.
- Link your device with the computer by clicking on the “Link device”.
- For updating the device, click on the option which says “Update and install”.
- The process of installation will start along with all the map updates.
Things to Remember While Updating Your Device:
1. Use Ethernet Cable:
One thing that is clear that wired connection is always faster than a wireless one. You will get more stability and consistency in the wired connection s compared to the wireless one.
2. Download Time:
If the TomTom XL update is taking too long in comparison to other devices, the do not panic as the download depends on the internet speed as well as the size of the update.
The download time also depends on the size of the map updates file.
If you are still unable to download the TomTom XL Update, then you can get in touch with our experts who are always available o help you out. Our Expertise and Wide knowledge of the GPS software, makes us stand out of the rest.